Signs: Presence of small mounds of earth at the surface of the lawn and of many ants.
Period : From June to September
Insect responsible: Ant
- Ants do not cause damage to the lawn; in fact, they are excellent predators of insects. However, they can become a nuisance when they build mounds of earth or get into the house.
- Perform a soil aeration and a topdressing (spreading a thin layer of earth
- Cut the grass longer (6-8 cm)
- Place ant traps
- Insecticides are difficult to apply to control ants because their nests are often located deep in the ground and insecticides reach the nests. Call on Montreal lawn professionals.
Signs: Presence of small mounds (about 5 cm in diameter and 2-3 cm high) at the surface of the lawn.
Period: From Spring to Fall
- Earthworms are beneficial organisms as they contribute to soil aeration and structure as well as the decomposition of organic matter. To dig their tunnel networks, worms must the earth to the surface, forming small mounds and making the ground uneven.
- Perform a soil aeration and a topdressing (spreading a thin layer of earth)
- Use a surface roller to level out the ground
Montreal Lawn uses only high quality products while promoting the use of eco-friendly and natural products. More >>